Local School Council (LSC)
The Local School Council (LSC) is the governing body of the school.
The LSC is responsible for three main duties:
- School improvement: Provide input into the Continuous Improvement Work Plan (CIWP), approve the plan, and monitor and communicate the school’s progress.
- Budget decisions: Ensure that all sources of discretionary funds are spent in line with the school improvement priorities as defined in the CIWP. This includes approving the budget annually in the spring and continual monitoring.
- Principal decisions: Hire, evaluate, and make retention decisions regarding the principal's 4 year contract.
Here is a link to read more about Chicago Public School's LSC:www.cps.edu/Pages/Localschoolcouncils
Formed in the 1980s as part of Chicago public school reform, LSCs were designed to give greater oversight and control to individual schools and their communities, and are required by law. Each LSC consists of 11 elected members, a student rep if a high school, and the school principal.
- All eleven elected members of the LSC serve a two-year term; the school principal has a permanent seat on the council
- Principals are hired for a 4-year contract, at the end of which they are either rehired or replaced by the LSC
- Members of the school faculty and staff elect the teacher and non-teaching staff member reps
- The high school student rep is appointed by the Board following a preference poll of the student body
- Community reps must reside in the school attendance area, but not have a child at the school
Senn Local School Council Meeting Schedule (2018-2019)
Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 6:15PM - Ramis Theatre
Tuesday, September 18, 2018, 6:15PM - Room 115
Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 6:15PM - Room 115
Tuesday, November 13, 2018 - 6:15PM - Room 115
Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 6:15PM - Room 115
Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - 6:15PM - Room 115
Tuesday, February 19, 2019 - 6:16PM - Room 115
Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - 6:15PM - Room 115
Tuesday, April 9, 2019 - 6:15PM - Room 115
Tuesday, May 21, 2019 - 6:15PM - Room 115
Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 6:15PM - Room 115
Local School Council Members
Aysha Ahmad, Student
Mary P. Beck, Principal
Toyleane Bolton, Parent
Andrea "Gina" Eshu, Parent
David, Gregg, Teacher
Mansi Kathuria, Community
Kevin Kaufman, Parent
Vassiliki (Kiki) Kouchoukos, Parent
Joe Lev, Teacher
Kimberly McMorris, Parent
Candace Moore, Community
Mark Lupescu, Parent
Terrell Walsh, Non-Teacher Staff
See attached files below by meeting dates.