Freshman Connection & Summer 2019 opportunities
Freshman Connection will run from July 8-19, M-F, from 9AM - 12PM. It will be held at Loyola University's lakeshore campus in Rogers Park due to the exciting capital improvements/construction scheduled this summer at Senn.
Meeting location and additional details will be announced later in the spring.The program includes the following:
- Fun opporunities to get to know your classmates and teachers
- Team-building activities
- Transition to High School counseling sessions
- Project-based learning opportunities to prepare you for Senn's MYP curriculum
- A service learning project (so you can fulfill one of these graduation requirements right away!)
Civic Action and Leadership Academy 2019
Senn's partner - Loyola University Chicago - is pleased to announce its fourth annual Civic Action and Leadership Academy.
- Participating students will spend time on our Lake Shore Campus as well as in the communities of Rogers Park, Edgewater, and Uptown.
- Students will work with community organizations on food sustainability and justice, child and youth development, environmental, and political action issues while develop leadership skills and dispositions.
- Students are encouraged to participate in activities that engage their interests and develop their sense of civic identity.
The program runs from Monday, July 29 – August 2, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Register today: https://forms.gle/QgoZZ2qgjndJUBaK7.
Questions can be directed to Mr. Jon Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org.